A Little About Me

 

From left: son Marc, daughter Charley, wife Katie, daughter Peter
Hi, hello! I'm excited to be here! I would love to introduce myself and include fun facts about my hobbies and interests, recent vacations, and captivating stories, but alas, I'm not sure I could even begin a list. My life is very full and chaotic, and at this point is overflowing with responsibilities and problem-solving. Let me back up a bit and explain. My wife and I both used to work in the aerospace industry in different parts of producing titanium components that mostly ended up on airplanes. I worked at my job for ten years. In 2020, as we all know, the Pandemic hit. The airline industry and the building of new planes was deeply impacted. My wife was laid-off in April of 2020, and I went through a series of furloughs and job uncertainty. We decided that with all of the time off, it was a good time to have another child, so we began the process with a clinic in Eugene, Oregon. Our daughter, Charley Ann, was born on Super Bowl Sunday, 2021, after 39 hours of labor. I lost my job in January of 2022. I explain all of this because it sets up the scene for what our life has been like since: survival. Katie (my wife) and I both qualified to go back to school courtesy of the Trade Act. Katie went back to school and got an AAS in Practical Business Management and finished in Winter, 2023. Now, it's my turn! I started this last summer term (this is my third term). I am working toward getting my AS in Business Administration. I hope that after I graduate to continue on my own to Oregon State University to pursue my bachelor's degree. Because we have been unemployed and "working" through the Trade Act, it has been a process of constant creativity and plate spinning to keep our household afloat. We have been very blessed, and most of that is thanks to Katie! She has worked incredibly hard to make sure we do not lose our house, and that we are always warm and fed. 

Other than school, my time is completely occupied by our sweet and incredibly spicy toddler. She has fully transitioned from sweet, cuddly baby, to full-time princess-tyrannosaurus hybrid. She is a full-time gig. We also have two dogs, three cats, a house that never seems to get completely clean (not to mention regular maintenance), and an adult son and his girlfriend living with us. We are busy!! I do feel like we are drawing back the arrow, so to speak, on our life. We are putting in the work now, making sacrifices and roughing it, so that went the arrow finally flies it will propel us much further than we were before. I can't wait!

From left: Peter, Katie, me, Marc


Katie & I

Charley Ann: T-Rex



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marketing in the News

Social Listening